Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Half way there

I'm about to finish week six of my twelve weeks of student teaching. It's hard to believe that I've been making it this long on almost no sleep and almost no steady income. I'm up at 4:30 to go work a couple hours at my old job to make a few extra bucks and then off to school until 3:30pm. I then see my wife for about an hour for dinner before switching off the kids so she can go to work. It's then a mix of playing with the kids, doing homework, working online for a few more bucks, lifting weights, and getting the kids in bed before going to sleep myself between 10:30 and 11.

The strange thing about it is that I feel great. Oh, I'm so tired that the stuff I say doesn't make much sense half the time (maybe it never did), but all and all things are good. It's just an exhilarating feeling to staying this busy doing something that matters like teaching. I want to die every morning when my alarm goes off, but I get out of bed because I know that I'm accomplishing something each day that has a greater purpose.

Don't get me wrong, I'm counting down to the time when I can go back to a normal schedule and when I will actually get paid to do this, but I'm thankful that this whole thing has been easier than I thought it would be.

No comments: