Thursday, September 6, 2007

Sermon Block

Today was a good day. I got off work early so I could take Bekah to the airport and then I went over to Tyson's and watched the first football game of the seasons. So far I have a perfect record for this season's football pool.

I'm having major sermon block for Sunday right now though. I want to finish out the book of Ruth and I think I'm going to be going with the idea of redemption, but I don't really have anything as of yet. I want to convey the idea of God giving back what has been lost or taken from us, but right now my mind isn't coming up with the examples or words to do the job.

I'm sure it'll come to me before Sunday, but it's just nice when everything is ready to go a few days early. Too bad that seldom happens.

1 comment:

faintnot said...

Hi Shaun,
One of the greatest lines I ever read in the Bible is in Ruth, KJV: 2:16- ..."and let fall also some of the handfuls of purpose for her, and leave them, that she may glean them, and rebuke her not." God's redemption involves all of us. We never know what our hands are full of and why we are asked to do what seems to be meaningless things, such as purposely dropping perfectly good food on the floor. But if we are obedient to these, redemption is laid in the path of a gleaner...if we could just believe that really we would sure look silly but we would be accomplishing so much...just a thought :)