Monday, October 22, 2007

Psalm of Thanksgiving

I heard from God last night. Not in the super spiritual Old Testament way where God spoke to me through a burning house plant or anything. But, not in the cliche, "This passage in the Bible spoke to me" way either. It was more like an, "Hey idiot, open your eyes and look at what this really is" type thing. To put it in a more common way, a light bulb came on, I had an epiphany, or a moment of clarity if you will.

The last time I felt like God was telling me something, was probably well over a year ago. "What," you say, "Isn't God suppose to speak to the pastor every week as he prepares his sermons?" If so I've been missing the call lately. The strange thing is it didn't come while I was praying or trying to spend time alone with God. It hit me while I was checking the score of last night's football game.

I felt good today, better than I have in awhile. This doesn't mean that everything is going to be easy from this point on, but I now thing I see my place in where I am right now. It's not much, but it's just enough. Last night I realized I'm a pastor, maybe not a very good one, but one of God's and that means a lot.

Thank you to whoever prayed for me, I know someone must have.

Thank you to Cris Elrod for reminding me that the enemy only attacks what he fears.

Thank you to God Almighty, for never giving up on me, the least of his servants.

Okay, let's do what we've been put here for...

No comments: