Friday, October 5, 2007

Storyteller

Today, I'm off work so I can go to a funeral for a friend from back in the day. I'm probably going to see some people I haven't seen in awhile. They'll probably be a lot of memories brought up from the past about all the things Fatty used to do. So here are my two:

1. I remember the time Fatty was me, Steven, Tyson, and Kenneth on how we weren't as tough as we thought. He challenged all of us to fight him at once, the four of us verses him and a flimsy piece of PVC pipe. We all jumped him at once, I remember that I got him in a headlock. He broke the pipe over Kenneth's back and stabbed me in the wrist with the jagged piece to make me let go. Needless to say, I did. We broke even that day, but I remember thinking that Fatty was one of the toughest guys I knew.


2. My other memory is from walking with him down the street one day, this time he was lechering us on how the four of us needed to calm down and stop being so crazy. We told him that we weren't that bad and right at that moment a truck went blazing by us, and a man that looked like he'd hadn't been sober since Vietnam screamed to us, "FIGHT ON, WHITE BOYS!" Fatty just hanged his head.


Fatty was right though, we did need to calm down. Fortunately, a couple of years later I found out about Jesus, and whereas calmed down might not be the right words, my life did change for the better. Today while remembering the past I'll be reminded what my future could have been.

It was good knowing you, Fatty.

No comments: