Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Boxing Day Eve

My four day weekend is now over. Tomorrow it's back to work, back to writing a message for Sunday, and back to being Mr. Mom at night. It's funny, but I don't dread going back to work tomorrow. Spending time with my family this weekend reminded me of how far God has brought me. Don't get me wrong, it would be nice to be one of those pastors that didn't have to work a regular job and whose wife got to stay at home with the kids, but when I look at the life I came from I can't complain about where I am. I don't know how long I'll be at this job, but for now it's where I am, so I'll make the best of it.

I think Christmas should remind us that God hasn't forgotten us, even if we've forgotten Him. There are still a lot of things I wrestle with and I won't say I have anything figured out, but I've been starting to feel a little of what I was feeling last year at this time. The hope mingled with fear of what the next year will bring. The feeling of being in over my head mixed with the eagerness to change things. The notion that God has let me know He's about to do something, but the confusion as to what.

It sounds crazy, but I really love this. Here's to another year running with scissors.

No comments: