Saturday, December 29, 2007

Apathy

So, I've been blogging for a year now. Everyone rejoice!

2007 has been a crazy year. A lot great things have happened this year, but there has been a lot of stress, a lot of wrestling with God, and a lot of chaos. This year feels just like one of the years when I was back in Bible College. It was during those years my faith fell apart, I was over worked, and it felt like God was distant. I never wanted any more years like that, but looking back it was one of the times that shaped who I am.

Right now, I feel Apathetic. I feel like nothing I do can change the way things are and caring about things just leads to pain so why try? I know this sounds dark coming from a pastor, but I've been to this stage before I think it's my way of processing and I don't think it will last forever. So, honestly right now I'm going through the motions I don't feel much anymore, but following God isn't supposed to be based only on emotion right? Either way here I am. We'll see what next year brings.

My kids are going crazy right now so I will finish this thought later...

No comments: