Sunday, January 7, 2007

Back From Utah!

I just got back from Cedar City and it feels great to be home. Our team went to pick up a cargo trailer that was donated to us by True Life Center (TLC) Church and decided to make it into a weekend staff retreat type thing. With the exception of the whole getting the trailer back to Vegas it was a really good weekend.

At every church I've been to retreats were suppose to be about learning and reflection first and then if you had time you might be able to fit some time for fun in between a couple of the sessions. But I just realized that we spent the whole retreat having fun and didn't do any learning/reflection sessions, so I thought I'd spend sometime thinking about somethings I've learned this weekend and reflect on them here so that The Venue's first staff retreat will not have been a total failure. Here are the pearls of wisdom from The Venue's first staff retreat:
  1. Trash can lids make pretty good sleds if you can get enough momentum.
  2. The Chiefs would rather watch the Superbowl than be in one.
  3. Some very interesting people ride the bus in North Las Vegas.
  4. Never hit Maylene's chair with a tambourine.
  5. Snow is pretty but I'm glad I live in a desert.
  6. Tyson can run up a snowy hill faster than I can fall down it.
  7. Utah has birds that are bigger than I am.
  8. Even though TLC's services last two and a half hours they are still okay in my book because they have some very cool people who love Jesus .
  9. You shouldn't have to leave the city you're in to get to Starbucks.
  10. Staff retreats are a lot better when you're best friends with your staff.

No comments: