Friday, January 19, 2007

Night Services and the Super Bowl

We decided to do eight evening "preview" services before we officially launch in March. The first one went great last week but something came to my attention last week that I can't believed I missed. Super Bowl Sunday occurs right in the middle of these preview services. I guess I wasn't thinking about it because its been years since I've been involved with a night service and the Super Bowl starts late enough that it's never been an issue for Sunday mornings.

We've decided to tackle this problem (sorry, I know it's a cheesy pun, but I couldn't help myself) by canceling service that night and having a Super Bowl party at my house instead. I know this won't work in the future, but we go to mornings after we launch and unless we double in size in the next couple weeks we should be fine as far as space goes. I know most people will chose to spend this night at home with their families or drinking buddies, but it might give us a chance to spend some time with those who don't have any plans and want to get to know us better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.