Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Hard to Answer

It seems that every job I've ever had involved people asking me a lot of questions that I just didn't have good answers for. When I worked in pharmacy it was, "Does this look like herpes to you?" As a substitute teacher it's questions like, "Mr. Bell, how do you spell rhinoceros ?" Now as a pastor it's things like, "What abilities do you have that you feel would make you a successful church planter?"

I've often wondered why people keep asking me things I have no idea about, I guess I've always looked like I've known more than I really do. Fortunately, I've been pretty good with making up stuff on the spot, but through my whole life there have been some questions that I keep getting asked that I never have a good answer to. These are those questions:

  1. "What were you thinking?"
  2. "Why would you say something like that?"
  3. "What's wrong with you?"
  4. "Why did you put that in your mouth?"
  5. "What does this go to?"
  6. "Where are your pants?"
  7. "Who do you think you are?"
  8. "Isn't that one of your friends?"
  9. "What did you think was going to happen?"
  10. "What's so funny?"
  11. "Are these your pants?"
  12. "Who told you that you could do that?"
  13. "Why would you laugh at that?"
  14. "Where's my cat?"
  15. "Well, what did you think?"
  16. "Where should we eat?"
  17. "Where did you get that?"
  18. "Where did you learn that?"
  19. "Why do I even bother?"
  20. "Why can't more men be like you?"

No comments: