Monday, January 15, 2007

Our First Service

We survived our first preview service and it was great! We wanted to have these preview services to give us a chance to get used to the flow of service and to give a few people from our mother church a chance to check out what we are going to be doing. We had 31 people show up and most weren't even from our mother church. This amazed me because I was only expecting about 15 since it was a word of mouth type thing but it was really cool to have people you've never seen before show up.

I've been thinking about everything that happened last night and here are a few reflections going through my head:

The worship team is great - Everyone I talked to kept going on about how good the band sounded and how everyone looked like they loved what they were doing.

Set up hurts - I spent all day at the church and foolishly thought I'd have an hour or two of down time before service to go back over my message and touch it up, but needless to say that didn't happen. We need to start having as much done before Sunday as possible because I have a feeling it's not going to get easier.

Tyson can do a hundred things at once - We all were doing a lot of things at once yesterday, but between running sound, lights, Power Point, overseeing ushers, counting offering and still taking time to stop and talk with everybody who walked in I was starting to think he had cloned himself. We need to get him an assistant.

We are going to be fine - God has been there for us in everything and I believe He will continue to be. We have a great team that loves what they do, the money that we need has showed up so far, we have people that are excited about what we are doing, and we get to learn as we go and get better every week.

No comments: