Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Where I Need To Be

I hate watching someone I care about in pain. I hate the feeling of helplessness that comes from wanting to take all the hurt away, but not being able to. I've dedicated my life to giving out hope and comfort to people through my words, but it isn't until someone close to you is in pain that you realize how awkward and clumsy words really are.

It's then that you realize sometimes all you can do is be there and hope that it is enough. I'm not good at many things, I think I was last in line when the talents were being given out, but I want to be good at being there when I'm needed. I'm sure I will fail at this, but maybe if I get it right once in a while my life and my ministry will make a little bit of a difference in this sad a lonely world.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams

No comments: