Monday, July 16, 2007

O.W.L.S.

I watched the new Harry Potter movie last night. I had heard a lot of people say that this one wasn't that great, but I think it did a pretty good job considering it was pressing a 500 some page book into a little over two hours.

There were a lot of themes that the book touched on that had to be left out of the movie, but there was one thing that I loved about the book that I thought the movie did a great job capturing. Harry spends this whole year feeling alone and dwelling on the hurts in his past and the fear of what his future will bring. In the end he realizes that his friends have always been there for him and when thinks are at the darkest they are right there by his side. Furthermore, he finds that this is the one thing that makes him different than his enemy, he knows what it is to be loved.

Planting a church can be a scary thing and it's easy to feel alone, but God sends those people that will be there for you. This church would never had made it this far if it hadn't been for the people God has placed with me. If it grows and thrives it will be because of them, if it all falls apart I know there will be people there with me to pick up the pieces. This makes it doable. There is a peace that comes from knowing that no matter what tomorrow brings, you are not alone.

No comments: