Friday, July 27, 2007

Bring on the Morgage!

I got the keys to my new house today. I've spent the last four hours packing and now I'm beat. I'm looking forward to being in the new place, but tomorrow is going to be a lot of hard work. I think I'm going to take a break for the rest of the night, I still have to get a message ready for Sunday and it's been a crazy week.

There are a lot of scary things in my life right now with the new house, new church and new job. The strange thing is I'm not that afraid right now and I'm the happiest I've been in a long time. I could worry about losing the house or burning down the church or I could have faith in that I know I'm right where I'm suppose to be with the people I'm suppose to be with.

Being in California last week reminded me of when I first moved down there years ago. I was starting so many new things at that time that it felt overwhelming, but I knew that was where I was meant to be so I stuck through it. I made mistakes there (one of them involving a newspaper called The Daily Breeze) and at times it looked like we were going to lose everything, but I kept my faith in that I was were I was supposed to be and I stuck with the people that I knew God placed with me and we made it.

I really don't know what's going to happen with the church or life in general the next few years. I'm just going to try and take comfort in where I'm at right now and enjoy it. Hey, if everything falls apart there's always California and The Daily Breeze.

No comments: