Sunday, July 8, 2007

What Did You Do Last Saturday?

Yesterday, was 7-7-07. This was the day that everyone wanted to get married. The MGM did 63 weddings and I lost 12 hours of my Saturday joining couples together in the joys of matrimony. What made it even stranger was that on the same floor I was performing weddings there was a martial arts convention going on. My day was filled with ninjas and bridesmaids.

By time my last wedding rolled around at 10 pm I was beat (not by the ninjas) and didn't want to think about weddings anymore. I have to say I'm done with weddings for awhile. I have a few more to do this year, but I'm being very selective about what ones I take from now on. This was nice as it will more than pay for my family vacation this year, but the time with my family and friends is a little more important to me right now than money.

I have a month before my next wedding and I think I need it. The brides and black belts will have to get along without me until then.

No comments: