Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Revisting The Past

I tried a Big Mac today and although I'm not a huge McDonald's fan and I don't understand the third bun in the middle it, I have to say that I see why it's so popular. I had one once as a kid and didn't like it, so I'd never tried it again until today. It's kinda nice to rediscover something that you wrote off long ago.

I recently did the same thing with coffee. I used to drink it back in high school, but over the years I just stopped and forgot about it altogether. I tried it a couple months ago and it was like looking up an old friend that I never fully appreciated before. Although I'm taking a break from coffee right now, I'm really happy I have a new morning friend there when I need it.

This led me to think about other things I haven't tried since I was a kid that might deserve a revisit:

1. Acid Wash Jeans
2. A Big Wheel
3. Watching Charles in Charge
4. Chasing Girls with Doo-Doo on a Stick
5. Slip and Slide
6. Listening to M.C. Hammer
7. Playing Street Fighter
8. Trick or Treating
9. Feety Pajamas
10. Shoes with Velcro and He-Man on the sides

No comments: