Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Two Weeks Free

I don't have any weddings to do for two weeks! This will be the first Saturday I've had free since the beginning of March. This means I haven't had a weekend free from weddings since we launched the church. Weddings are a nice form of income, but I really need some time off.

The bad news is that on 7-7-07 I'm doing 11 weddings and might have to do as many as 12. It's not going to be fun to spend 12 hours at the MGM on a Saturday, but after that I'm cutting down to doing just one wedding a month or so.

It's funny to think about how four years ago when I first moved to Vegas weddings were such scary things to me. I would practice my ceremony for hours at a time before a wedding always worried that I was going to make a mistake. I dreaded each wedding and was relieved when they were over.

Now I can go through my entire ceremony without thinking about it. I still dread doing weddings and are relived when they are over, but now it's for different reasons. It's funny how the things that scare you can become mundane.

No comments: