Sunday, February 18, 2007

Ode to Battlestar

I don't watch a whole lot of TV anymore, most of it is awful. Even the stuff I used to love has lost its charm (I gave up on 24 a couple weeks ago). Besides The Office the only show I look forward to is Battlestar Galactica and I found out this week that it has been picked up for another season. This gives me hope and joy for the year to come.

Now most people wouldn't even give this show a chance, it's based on a 70's sci-fi show that was so weird its first run didn't last more than a season. Add to that the fact that the Sci-fi channel in all of its wisdom puts it on at 10:00pm Sunday night so that they can save prime time for wonderful made for TV movies with the worst special effects since Clash of the Titans. Despite this though the show is awesome and here are some of the reasons why:

1. It has Admiral Adama - Imagine if Jack Bauer was put in charge of a fleet of star ships.

2. It has a cranky drunk man in an eye patch - It reminds me of holidays back home.

3. It has a hairy man who sees an imaginary sexy robot - These are the type of people that make life more interesting.

4. It has a sexy robot that sees an imaginary hairy man - Can we say plot twist?

5. It has a lot of people who get angry and hit each other - Once again, the holidays.

6. It has mankind losing and running away - I like my stories dark. What's with this good guys always coming out on top Sci-fi out there? This show would beat up Star Trek and take its lunch money.

7. It has robots with guns in their arms - Pure genius.

8. It has other good stuff - You know deep plot, great effects, awesome camera work, mystery, fully developed characters, etc. But who cares about that stuff?

No comments: