Sunday, March 18, 2007

Exciting Stuff

We had our first service today and It went great! We got to the school at about 7:30 this morning and it was nonstop until about 1:00 but we had a great time. I know that we are running off excitement right now and come August when it's 120 outside it's going to feel a lot more like work, but right now it feels good. It's just awesome to see something that you've talked about for so long become a reality.

These next few services are still prelaunch as our mailers and street signs won't be out for another week or two, but we are all looking forward to seeing what's going to happen on Easter and the weeks following.

I have so many exciting things going on in my life right now that are about to take place I hardly can keep track of them all, but for the sake of having another list to make my post go on forever here are the things I'm looking forward to in the next few weeks and months to come (in no particular order):

1. Ethan - My son is due to be born in about one month. This will make one girl and one boy for me and though I might change my mind in the future I am 99.999% we are done with the newborn thing after this.

2. Easter - I have no idea how many people are going to show up, but I'm excited for new people to see and have a chance to be a part of what God is doing here at The Venue. Truth be told, I'm more excited for the weeks following Easter to see who catches on to our vision.

3. New House - My house is going to be started in the next few days. It won't be finished until sometime late this year but that's okay, it gives me time to figure out how I'm going to pay for it.

4. New Job - Normally, the only thing I hate more than working is starting new work but if things go well I might be working with one of my best friends which is the only way to go really when it comes to work. I currently work with my best friend Tyson (this is like the 6th job we've had together) and it will be sad not to see him at work anymore, but he'll always be in my heart.

5. Vacation - If all goes according to plan then some of The Venue staff will be going to Santa Barbara this summer for a little R & R. The beach has always been there for me when I've needed to slack off.

6. Tyson and Malene's Birthdays - I don't know if you could say I'm "excited" about this but with all the strangers that have birthdays every day it's good to have it happen to someone you know every once and awhile.

7. Next Sunday - I can't wait until next Sunday when we will have our own chairs and our projector screen as well as some samples of our mailer. Also, our connections pastor, Bekah, will be giving her first sermon for The Venue. Ah, to look forward to church again...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Shaun. You spelled my name wrong!