Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Interviews

I got up at 4:45 this morning so I could be at my interview at 6:30 and I'm felling a bit tired right now which isn't a good thing because I have a sermon to work on. Whenever I try to write sermons without any sleep they always end up sounding a little funny come Sunday.

I think the interview went well. My potential employer seemed nice and there wasn't any of those questions that no one ever has a good answer for like, "Have you ever been arrested?" I think I might have a new job sometime next month, we'll just have to wait and see.

This interview went a lot better than an interview I had about a year ago. It went something like this:

Potential Boss: Come in Mister Bell and have a seat.

Me: Hi. Thanks for taking the time to have an interview with me.

Potential Boss: Not a problem, you look like you'd fit in good here but I just need to ask you a few questions.

Me: Sounds good.

Potential Boss: Mr. Bell has anyone ever told you that you have an incredible smile?

Me: Uh, a few people I guess...thanks.

Potential Boss: It looks like you work out. What do you lift?

Me: Um, could we maybe just go over my resume?

Potential Boss: I can think of some better ways to spend our time together.

Me: Please tell me you want to go over the dental plan.

Potential Boss: Take me in your strong arms now!

Me: Never! I'm a married man, you can keep your intern position Dr. Phil!

I'm glad I held out for something better. Oh, and by the way, half of our chairs came in today. The look pretty good, can't wait to fill them.

No comments: