Friday, April 6, 2007

Brand New

I went to the Brand New concert last night at The House of Blues. They were a lot better than I thought they were going to be, I need to check out more of their stuff. They came off with so much energy and so much passion for what they do that it really challenged me to have the same for what I'm called to do. I don't mean a fake passion like a bad televangelist, but something real that comes from the heart of who I am.

The problem is I'm a pretty reserved person. I've never made it a habit to let what I'm thinking or feeling to show on the outside. Even last night when I was having a great time I don't think it showed outwardly at all.

The funny thing is that among our small group at The Venue people seem to be getting excited about what we are doing. The fire is catching despite me. Now all we have to do is keep it going so that it can spread to others and we can start getting the work done.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've only had 3 hours of sleep and I need to finish my Easter message.

No comments: