Wednesday, April 25, 2007

One Less Responsibility

This is Wednesday which means that usually I be getting ready to drive over to our mother church to facilitate a bible college class for a group of people. I found out last week that they no longer need me to do this. Although I liked the people I taught and I enjoyed doing it I couldn't be happier about being let off the hook.

I have so much stuff going on right now that one less thing to do makes a real difference. I'm starting to see that the things I commit to need to few and in direct relation to the mission I've been given right now. I don't have the time or energy to focus on too many little things even if they are good little things.

So instead of going to lead a class tonight, I'm going to go listen to our worship team practice. It is still something to do, but it doesn't require any work on my part and it helps me focus on the task at hand. With any luck maybe I'll get to drop a couple more responsibilities before the year is over.

No comments: