Sunday, April 15, 2007

The Future

Last week was a week I'd been waiting for for a long time. Our first Easter as a church and the birth of my son was two things that I've been looking forward to, the latter for nine months the former for four years. I always saw the week of Easter 2007 as a speed bump in my future. I knew that it was coming and although I didn't know what was going to happen, I knew it would change everything. I had trouble imaging anything past this date because the way everything else in life was going to look depended on where I was on that fateful date.

I never had any idea what this highly anticipated week was going to look like, but I always knew it was going to signal the start of new things and now that I'm standing on the other side of it, I can see I was right. This was our first week after Easter, a week I could never imagine before, and I feel fine. A lot of big things happened these last few weeks that are going to shape the days ahead and although I still have no idea what the future is going to look like for our church, I have hope and a renewed sense of anticipation for the things to come in the weeks and months ahead.

I have a sense of purpose, great friends and a little bit of hope. It isn't much but it's enough to keep me happy through any chaos life has to offer. Here's to next Easter.

No comments: