Monday, April 30, 2007

Sermon Prep

I'm supposed to be writing next Sunday's message right now, but here I am in front of my computer doing everything but. It seems like for every six hours I spend writing my messages I manage to produce one hour of work. The other five are usually spent browsing the Internet, listening to music, day dreaming, and playing dumb computer games I find on Yahoo or Vnes.

My wife can't handle the way I write sermons, I think it stresses her out, but every Sunday I have something to bring to the table (so far). I think this is just the way my mind works, in order to create anything I need to have time to process my thoughts while at the same time I need to allow my mind to run through everything it needs to so I can focus on the message completely when it's time.

It would be nice to get things done in one-sixth the time, but you gotta do what works. Anyway back to day dreaming...

No comments: