Sunday, April 1, 2007

Today Was a Good Day

It's been a rough week, but today made up for it. We got set up in no time this morning, worship was great, our transitions were smooth, and I think my sermon went over pretty well. After church we unloaded the truck and went out to eat and we spent the rest of the day just hanging out with each other and doing nothing.

I love what I do and who I get to do it with. There isn't any other place on Earth I'd rather be right now and there isn't a minister alive that I would rather have than any member of our team. I can say that this is where God has placed me and these are the people He has put with me.

There was once a time when I swore that I would never return to Vegas. There were people here that i didn't want to deal with and too many memories of the naive person I was before I left. Now, however, I would be perfectly happy to die here doing what I've been called to do. This place is filled with false facades and shallow pleasures and it needs churches that are real and offer true purpose for life. I'm not anyone special and the task is so much bigger than us it's unreal, but God will be with us and that's enough for me.

There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered. Nelson Mandela

No comments: